Sunday, November 2, 2008

blues + transgender art exhibit curator + mfk fisher tries to kill me

November 2, 2008
Today's songs -
From "Sissy Man Blues"

Black Snake Blues by Victoria Spivey
Freakish Man Blues by George Hannah & Meade Lux Lewis
Shave 'Em Dry by Papa Charlie Jackson
The Boy in the Boat by George Hannah and Meade Lux Lewis
Somebody's Been Usin' That Thing by The Hokum Boys
Windy City Blues by Ruth Ladson
BD Woman's Blues by Bessie Jackson & Walter Roland
Sissy Man Blues by Pinewood Tom (Josh White)
Garbaage Man (The Call of the Freaks) The Harlem Hamfats
Sissy Man Blues by Kokomo Arnold
Fairey Blues by Peg Leg Howell
Rollin' Mama Blues by Ruby Glaze & Blind Willie McTell
I'm Gonna Keep My Hair Parted by Washboard Sam and His Washboard Band
I'm a Mighty Tight Woman by Sippie Wallace & Herschel Thomas
Stew Meat Blue by Lucille Bogan

From Mahalia Jackson "Newport 1958"
An Evening Prayer
I'm on my Way
A City Called Heaven
It Don't Cost Very Much
Walk over God's Heaven
The Lord's Prayer

Guest on-show- Jillian Soto curator of Fresh Meat in the Gallery "Momentum"

No comments: